Data Warehouse Development Process
Data is the new asset for the enterprises. And, Data Warehouse store the data for better insights and knowledge using Business Intelligence. Development of an Enterprise Data Warehouse has more challenges compared to any other software projects because of the
- Challenges with data structures
- The way data is evaluated for it's quality
- Complex business rules/validations
- Different development methods (various SDLC models like Water Fall model, V model, Agile Model, Incremental model, Iterative model)
- Regulatory requirements for various domains like finance, telecom, insurance, Retail and IME
- Compliance from third party governing bodies
- Extracting data for various visualization purposes
In this course, we talk about the specific aspects of the Data Warehouse Development process taking real time practical situations and how to handle them better using best practices for sustainable, scalable and robust implementations.
Who is the target audience?
- Freshers/Engineering Graduates who are looking for placements
- Software Engineers from different technology background who want to explore the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence development process
- Software Engineers who are already part of any Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Projects
- Project Mangers
- Non IT professionals who like to learn how data is handled in enterprises
- Technology experts and Team Leaders
- Architects and Data Modelers
- Data Scientists and Big Data Experts who want to understand the practical Data Warehouse Process
- Database Administrators who want to explore the DWH/ETL/BI areas
- Mainframe developers who want to switch their carrier into the Data Warehouse stream
Data Management and Business Intelligence Consultant/Trainer with 16+ years of extensive work experience on various client engagements. Delivered many large Data Management projects (Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Governance, Metadata Management, Master Data Management, Data Security, Data Catalog etc) and trained numerous professionals on various tools and technologies. Extensively worked on all facets of Data Managment including requirement gathering, gap analysis, database design, data integration, data modeling, enterprise reporting, data analytics, data quality, data visualization, OLAP.
Has worked on broad range of business verticals and hold exceptional expertise on various ETL tools like Informatica Powercenter, SSIS, ODI and IDQ, Data Virtualization, DVO, MDM.
StartData warehouse and Business Intelligence Glossary Part 1 (7:13)
StartData warehouse and Business Intelligence Glossary Part 2 (4:24)
StartAdditional Information on all the related keywords for the DW/BI projects (1:16)
StartWhat are Functional Requirements? (2:52)
StartWhat are Non Functional Requirements? (4:27)